A curated list of links to articles, videos, and everything else that I really like.
- Software disenchantment by Nikita
- The absolute state of modern day software development’s problems: huge lack of performance, bloat, bad UX and more. The article is available in other languages too.
- Oil it or Spoil it! by Lars Doucet
- Thoughts on how to design/polish mechanics so they don’t frustrate players.
- Does Microsoft OneDrive export large ZIP files that are corrupt? by Johan van der Knijff
- Step by step deep dive into how to fix OneDrive’s “corrupt” ZIP archives, very entertaining and interesting.
- Don’t Ever User Zsh by Rob Muhlestein
- A slightly rant-y but also very pretty informative article on zsh’s downfalls
- Unusual disk latency by Brendan Gregg
- How screaming can affect server performance. The actual content is the linked YouTube video inside, but I still wanted to link Brendan’s website.
- Wat by Gary Bernhardt
- Preventing the Collapse of Civilization by Jonathan Blow
- Another classic talk, where Jonathan Blow talks about how information about technology degrades and gets lost over time.